Skip to main content

The Salon of Enchanted Beauty by Anna Mittower

A quirky fantasy that leaves you wanting more...

A friend recommended this short story and I must say, it draws you in. With a quirky sorceress who has a knack for not following the norms of society, you instantly fall in love with Philliya and wonder just how she is going to solve her problems so she can live the life she wants to live.

Without spoiling the story, Philliya opens up shop but struggles to get customers. Finally snagging one, she must solve their quite serious problem or her dreams of being a successful shopkeeper is ruined.

The main character is the loveable, perky younger sister who is bound to cause her older brother loads of issues in the future. The short story is set up in a way that each story can be a single one shot of mini adventures of Philliya, which is nice for those who don't want a large reading commitment due to lack of time (looking at my infant...). It's a quick ready, around an hour for me, where the sorcery practically comes alive. I've already preordered the next book in the series.

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did. I can't wait to read more of Philliya's adventures.  I've already preordered the second one.  Besides, Philliya might be a fun cosplay with her purple hair and yellow eyes.

Check it out on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BTYZR6HY/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scarlet Alchemist by Kylie Lee Baker

  I received an ARC of this book.  I originally noticed it because of it's beautiful cover, which led me to read the description and request the ARC. When Dreams Aren't What You Expect Them To Be The Scarlet Alchemist is a fantasy that is set in a China like world when alchemy is real.  You get a taste of Chinese culture in a fantasy setting.  Zilan dreams of becoming a royal alchemist to help her family beat poverty.  She fights her way up to achieve her dream, only supported by her cousins and a powerless prince, as everyone one else tries to continuously tear her down. Only for reality to come crashing down on her hard.  Without spoiling the story, it's a page turner where you simultanously root for Zilan, want her to save the world, while totally understanding both the good and bad choices she makes to survive.  It's an interesting fantasy that really plays on the readers' emotions as Zilan faces many moral choices that determine who she becomes. I look forward

Ancord Bluetooth Speaker from FREEWISE Review

Hey all! I love this mini Bluetooth stereo from FREEWISE. It is great for us cosplayers who like to make videos of us in character or sing our favorite songs from the series. Also, pay attention to this review because I may be GIVING AWAY one of these great speakers soon! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GR46AVU/ About the Seller: The seller was very prompt in sending the package and it arrived on time. I did not need to contact the seller and everything was packaged well. Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-42QM_6W0o About the Product: I chose to review the blue Ancord Bluetooth Speaker from FREEWISE but it actually comes in three colors: blue, rose gold, and silver. The speaker comes with a connector so you can hang it off your phone, a charging cord (though it can be any mini USB cord as my phone charger works perfectly with it), and directions. It is pretty easy to set up even without the directions (I should know as I accidentally left the direction

Himalayan Salt Rock Lamp from SUNNEST Review

Hey all! Here is the next review on my agenda. This Himalayan Salt Rock Lamp is curtesy of SUNNEST. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752H49TM/ About the Seller: The seller was very prompt in sending the package and it arrived on time. The Himalayan Salt Rock arrived slightly damaged. I contacted the seller and she immediately offered to send me a new one. Great customer service. About the Product: The Himalayan Salt Rock Lamp is a cool addition to my household and joins the rest of my eclectic items. My fiancĂ© immediately commented on it when he saw the box, telling me it was awesome and he couldn’t wait to place it in the apartment. The box arrived destroyed (whether due to seller or mail delivery, it is unclear) and the on/off dial was damaged. The seller immediately offered to replace it but I told her not to because it still works. The on/off dial controls how bright the lamp and is fully adjustable to create some mood lighting. I actually swiped my finger across it and